A pressure washer pump can be used to clean things any time of the day. But the seasons do have an impact on your stain-removing machine. During winters, the weather can get very cold. Very low temperatures are not good for the pressure washers. They are at the risk of getting damaged if they do not get saved by easy storage. These machines are not used in winters generally, but taking care of your equipment is also important. So, it is very important to store them properly and to avoid the costly maintenance and repairs when you would take them back after the off-season.
How do you prepare your pressure washer for easy storage?
The pressure washers should get easy storage during the off-season. It is a whole process, and a plan of various steps is followed to store it properly. But before you start storing your pressure washer, you should know some dos and don’ts. These are some preparations that you do, before storing your pressure washer. Some of such important things are discussed below.
- If your pressure washer runs on fuel such as gasoline, then the fuel storing container of your pressure washer should be checked before storing it. You should check whether it has got rust or not. If it is rusty, then it should be replaced immediately with a new one.
- For fuel-based pressure washers, you should keep an eye on the amount of fuel in the container. Whether you use the device or not, the fuel should be checked on a regular basis. It should be kept in mind that you should not store the fuel during the off-season on the container when it is not in use.
- If you want to store the fuel or have excess fuel in the fuel container of the device before storing your pressure washer, then you must arrange a fuel stabilizer. It will eliminate the risk factor of fuel storage.
- Make sure that the place is out of the reach of the children, where you are going to save and store the pressure washer.
- The storage place should be on your property, where you can easily access it when needed. Then it would be easy storage for you. The place should be clean and have a dry atmosphere.
Properly store your pressure washer:
The storing of pressure washers is not only taking the pressure washer from one place to other. Every main part, component, and valve is checked before storing the machine.
Checking the gasoline engine and fuel:
The engine is the main part of the pressure washer. Because it drives the device. So, its safety is very important during storage. The fuel in it should be collected and the engine is cleaned from outside and inside.
Checking the pump:
The pump is also the main part of the device. Firstly, the water in it should be checked and removed, if present. Then air should be blown in it. Then pressure washer is covered with a sheet that protects it from moisture and cold temperatures.